Saturday, June 6, 2009

Sayings

I am always looking for sayings, either motivational or inspirational. I found a couple this weekend that I would like to share;

"It's being strong enough to get up and go. It's the courage to get back up after they were sure they put you away for good. It's all you."

"Behind the practice, the coaches, the teammates and the fans is that little girl who scored her first goal, fell in love with the game and never looked back."

"Why are my legs bruised, my knees sore and my nails broken? I won the 50/50, beat the defender and went for all the glory..."

"If the game was easy, I wouldn't play. 18 warriors, 100% effort, 90 minutes. What do I love? I love to play soccer."

"It's never about being the best. It's about dedication. Just because I deserve it, doesn't mean they're going to hand it to me. I have to take it."

I think this last one really sets the theme for this years squad. This season is yours for the taking lady warriors. The dedication you show, the work you put in, the sacrifices you make will be returned on the field tenfold. The time is now to start developing as a team. Forming the bonds that will be strengthened throughout the season, the knowledge that, as you go into battle, the player next to you will have your back and be willing to sacrifice everything for the team.

GO SODIUM!

0 comments: