Friday, May 6, 2011

Posted on the blogosphere

Defense wins championships

"My gut feeling is that it won't be a game of the starters, but the substitutes. We know these teams go full out against each other, and by doing so, the coaches will probably have to sub. (It could be all the way in overtime, but I just don't see either team making it through 80min plus two over time periods without SOME change if necessary) If, indeed, I get surprised and they don't sub, it will definitely be a fitness issue. One of the times before my daughter's team played Sodium this spring they were sprinting--less than 20min before a game. I have no idea they would be doing that, punishment whatever, but it showed me that they are one of the more fit teams out there, considering they went on to dominate us. As for OSSA, I won't draw any conclusions.
No doubt that OSSA's keeper is phenomenal, always has been. But I predict that the Sodium defense and a solid game from their keeper will put it away. "Defense Wins Championships". Although OSSA's got some good talent, THUSC's strong point has always been their stellar defense, and considering they are coming off 5 shut outs, its going to be a challenge for OSSA to find the back of the net. Also let's face it, OSSA's defense is no where near as athletic as THUSC's forwards- and with so many to choose from, their defense won't get a break. Without it, its only a matter of time before a goal slides by. Its happened a few games in a row now has it not?
Either way, both teams will be fired up, and its going to be a tight game regardless who wins. Although I predict a 1-0 win for the black/green side, the main thing I am hoping for is a great game with no injuries. :) "

I couldn't have said it better myself. One more solid practice before game time. I know I won't sleep well tonight so team, carb load tonight at Red Robin, hydrate, go to bed early. We have many teams playing tomorrow and if you can get away, come cheer them on. Get to the field at 10:30am and start mental preparation. During warm up start to feel the adrenalin, the crowd and take in the moment. You deserve to be here, you earned the right. Feel the competitive juices flow. Look across the field and see the adversary. Look at your team, know they will have your back. Know they will give 100%. Know that each of you will be laser focused on a single goal. And when the whistle blows......................Sodium Style

Rise up Sodium and play your game. There is no team better.

18 girls, 80 minutes, 100% - Nothing less

Never Back Down. Never Give Up. Never Lose Faith.

Feel the moment. GO SODIUM!!

0 comments: