Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Response to an earlier email

I would like to formally address an the email that was sent out earlier because I fear it was misconstrued by some and some feelings may have been hurt as a result. After reading it again I want to first say to Lexi & Emmy; we know you are amazing players and captains and you know we all love and respect you guys and I'm sorry if Taylors email seemed harsh.
What prompted me to ask Taylor to send an email out was I was told (two separate sources) that at yesterdays practice the girls looked unfocused and not in the right frame of mind of a team heading into a very important part of the season, namely State Cup. It was sent to get the team fired up and refocused on the task at hand and to stress the importance of pushing each other and having strong leadership.
In no way was it meant to "throw anyone under the bus" or "call out anyone". The reference to Bailey and Bethany, I believe, was to give a foundation to what was being said and stress that strong leadership is important to help take the team to the next level.

I will personally apologize to the team since I did read it prior to the 'Send' button being pushed and should have used better judgement and tempered it back. I will take full responsibility.

Sorry guys.

GO SODIUM!!



    

0 comments: