Monday, March 8, 2010

Notes from the sidelines

I wanted to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU to the loyal Sodium followers and readers of the blog. With your help we are just visitors away from reaching 20,000 visits. Frankly, I never dreamed it would happened. Of course if I would have talked more SMACK I suppose I could have gotten there sooner! :) LOL! But that's not really what were about these days. I wanted to take the blog and use it more as a venue to promote the team, what they are doing, experiencing and how they are developing. It has been a wild ride these past 3 years and it's only going to get wilder! I don't get as theatrical or lofty with my posts as I used to. I try to keep more to the facts and inject some humor here & there. If you want the theatrical stuff visit the U12 and U13 blogs, there you find the emotional roller coaster that was the Sodium blog. Too funny. Anyway, Thanks.

Now, on to more important things; The Team!

Since we are done with bracket play I would like to point out a few things I believe are important;

1) Sodium has secured no less than a second place finish in the Premier Gold bracket.
2) Sodium had only 1 loss, the fewest number of any other Gold team.
3) Sodium currently has the highest goal differential with 12. (This could change next weekend)
4) Sodium allowed only 4 goals in 16 games, the fewest goals of any Gold team. Nice job defense! Even with Lexi, Andrea & Taylor M missing a couple games due to illness, ODP & id2 or whatever, the other 2 Taylor's with a host of others was still able to hold down the fort and only allow 4 goals. Outstanding job!

Against the best;
Against LOSC Extreme, OR Rush & EMFC Magic Sodium had 0 goals allowed and 3 for. Had 2 victories and 4 ties. It certainly wasn't for lack of trying. I believe we certainly had superior time of possession and shots on goal, but you have to score to win.

So, as you can see, even though we probably won't be number one in the bracket, we played very well and had some great individual and team efforts.

GO SODIUM!!

0 comments: