Monday, August 1, 2011

Surf Cup Wrap Up

Well, OSSA put together a couple of really good matches and took home the Surf Cup Championship. Congratulations.

From the sidelines
Now, on to Sodium. I understand there was more team drama this weekend. I don't know who is involved and frankly, I don't care. What I will say is those involved better get over it by next season. I saw a great post on a soccer forum that said players need to; "Suit Up, Show Up and Shut Up". Best advice I can give for Sodium right now.
With exception of Las Vegas, the only reason we didn't win every tournament we entered is because we were too wrapped up in our own team drama and it distracted from our play on the field. Sad. Sad. Sad. A team of this caliber, with the talent it possess, let petty arguments, name calling and overall childish behavior stand in the way of becoming one of the great teams. I thought we were above this but apparently, I thought wrong.

Tryouts are in August, training resumes in November. I can only hope that the individuals on this dynamic, talent rich squad do some growing up between this time and learn to put their teammates before petty differences. I can only hope that high school matures the players on this team and helps them understand the importance of the the team.

Time to grow up as a team and mature as individuals. Time to regain the greatness that is Sodium.

Until next time; GO SODIUM!!

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

0 comments: