Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Relevant Poem

I was watching an ESPN special on the Buffalo Bills. The Bills are the only NFL team to make it to 4 straight Super Bowls without a win. After the third loss the coach, Marv Levy, was back in his room and a verse from a poem popped into his head;

"Fight on, my men!" says Sir Andrew Barton;
"I am hurt, but I am not slain;
I'll lay me down and bleed a while,
And then I'll rise and fight again."

The poem was entitled Sir Andrew Barton. Coach Levy posted this poem on the wall of the bills locker room before the next season began Every player asked the coach for a copy and they lived it.

I think this is relevant because right now the squad is off step. They are playing well but not as a team. It is time for us to lay down for awhile and regroup, to heal. To look deep inside and reevaluate. And then to come out stronger and tougher than ever.

To rise and fight again.

Never Give Up.
Never Back Down.
Never Lose Faith.


GO SODIUM!!

0 comments: