Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Observations

Not having been to last weekends games, a 2-2 against the Timbers Saturday and a 1-0 loss to OSSA Sunday, I can't really speak first hand about what went on. I will say "great job" on Saturday coming back from a 0-2 halftime deficit. You never lost faith in your team, you fought hard together and from what I heard not only tied, but had opportunities for the win. That is the Sodium we have come to love and admire.
What I am having a hard time with is what I am hearing about the arguing and bickering amongst yourselves. Someone actually told me players players were yelling at one another ON THE FIELD! THIS is not the Sodium that has won championships. The championship teams left their differences on the sidelines and concentrated on the battle at hand. The championship teams worked out their differences and developed bonds and friendships that will last a lifetime. It's the bond cultivated between warriors as they stride into battle, a bond that will never be broken from the outside.

I highly recommend you work it out ladies, for if you can't then I might suggest a break. If you still can't find it in yourselves to make amends, then I don't know what else to tell you.
As Tom has eluded to on several occasions, it's not the name on the back of the shirt that matters, it's the name on the front.

I saw a great logo on a shirt, it said "Above all else: TEAM"

We will live as a team and die as individuals. Success - Nobody can get there unless everybody gets there.

"The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club won't be worth a dime." ~Babe Ruth

And my all time favorite:

"I am a member of a team, and I rely on the team, I defer to it and sacrifice for it, because the team, not the individual, is the ultimate champion." ~Mia Hamm

Dig deep warriors, is this the way you envision Sodium? Or do you envision them as Oregon's premier team. A team of relentless players who's sacrifices and commitment are unmatched. Who's bonds may be tested, but will never be broken. Remember what it was like winning those tournaments at the end of last season? Remember how great it was in the finals at Mustang? You have an opportunity ahead like no other, but as individuals you are destined to fall short. But united as a team you will not be denied. Have a great week of practice.

Up Next:
2/12 NWCL - vs WSA Courage @ Doc Harris Stadium (Vancouver) 11:00am kick off
2/13 OPL - vs EMFC Magic @ Lane Community College 3:00pm kickoff

Never back down. Never give in. Never lose faith.

GO SODIUM!!

0 comments: