Monday, December 13, 2010

Great Story

As many of you know, I am a huge Green Bay Packer fan. Since I was 8 yrs old I watched the highs and lows of this team. From Bart Starr & Lynn Dickey to Brett Favre and now Aaron Rogers.
I studied not only the team, but the organization. They never cease to amaze and awe me with the sense of unity they instill in themselves and their community. This year I was blessed with my first (and probably my last) opportunity to visit the legendary Lambeau Field. It was a day beyond belief.

The story below is just one example of this teams commitment to the fans who love them. I wanted to share this with you before the Holidays. It was sent to me by a good friend and fellow Packer fan, John Coleman.

Subject: This is Green Bay ------PACKERLAND
This is from a friend who is a retired teacher and who is involved with the Boys & Girls Club. Someone from the Packer organization called a guy at the Boys & Girls Club and told him to bring 75 kids from the Boys and Girls Club to the new bowling alley in Howard and they would get soda, pizza and free bowling. They got a second call upping the amount of kids to100.
When they all got there, there were about 15 Packers players there to visit and bowl with them. When they were finished, all the kids were each given $100 to go to Shopko for Christmas shopping, accompanied by the Packer players. And it was all funded by Aaron Rodgers. There was no publicity, no television cameras. We are lucky to have him in Green Bay .


The true meaning of Christmas? I think so.

GO PACKERS!!

GO SODUM!!

0 comments: